The Local Authority Waters Programme gave an online presentation on the Draft River Basin Management Plan 2022-2027 to PPN members on the 25th November 2021.
Karen Kennedy, Community Water Officer, Local Authority Waters Programme and Joan Martin, Catchment Scientist presented on the evening.
The draft River Basin Management Plan aims to protect and restore good water quality in our rivers and lakes benefiting health, biodiversity, climate, and communities.
The presentation was titled Our Waters, Our Future, Our Plan covered;
- An overview of Draft River Basin Management Plan – what it is, why it’s important, pressures on our waters, actions proposed to help protect and improve water quality, who will be responsible for delivery
- Work to date protecting and restoring our rivers and lakes
- Current water quality trends, both nationally and in Co. Longford
- Community engagement and involvement
- What needs to happen to protect and restore good water quality in the rivers and lakes of Co. Longford and,
- how to make a submission – your views and comments on what needs to happen to protect and restore water quality in your local stream, river or lake.
Link to the presentation below:
Draft River Basin Management Plan 2022-27 Presentation
Please also see the link to the Local Authority Waters Programme’s virtual consultation room
https://drbmp-vcr.ie/ which provides accessible information on the draft Plan.
Below are links to websites that were mentioned and will provide further information.